Saturday, August 31, 2013

8/31/13

I died today.

Training was rough but the stripping the glue off the floors in the bathroom and painting the gym between the AM and PM was what really killed me.

AM

Max Squat Snatch - 260lb
This wasn't too bad. I feel beat up from thursday still and this is only 15lb off my all time PR. Also, this is the most I've snatched since starting back doing crossfit so....10lb PR!! kinda. I MAAAYY have had more in me but I wanted to end on a positive note because I knew I had alot left to do that day. IDK though. My bigger lifts went 198,228,242, 255,260. No misses. 

Max Clean and Jerk - 315lb
Again, this is 15lb off my all time PR but the most I've lifted since starting back. Considering the volume I've been doing, I'm happy with this. I actually missed it the first try IN THE JERK. I don't even know the last time I've missed a jerk. All those push jerks from thursday obviously had me messed up. I came back and hit it no problem but again I stopped because of the rest of the training. (I needed to the clean was horrendous as you can tell in the video below)

5 TnG Thrusters @135 EMOM 10min.
So remember the other day when I said I thought the clean EMOM's would be easy and they weren't, then I thought the Snatch EMOMs would be tough and they weren't? Well I thought these would be really hard....and they were. So I guess that's an improvement on reading my own body?? HA. I did all TnG but the last two rounds were getting scary. That EMOM felt like an all out WOD to the point that if you were to ask me to do 50 Squat Clean thrusters for time, It probably would have taken about the same time. But hey that's the part of the point right?

12-9-6
Deadlift@315
Boxjump 30" (with step down)
2:30
This was actually not as bad as I thought it would be after everything else. Just enough to be outside my comfort zone so good. I did all the deadlifts unbroken but the 9, which I broke up 5/4. Not sure why. I'm probably capable of straight through so next time I'll prob go for it. The box jumps were all step down and no transition time between reps or rounds for that matter.


PM

Run 30sec @85-90%
Walk 30sec
30 sets
This wasn't actually hard once I got started. It just took alot of mental toughness to go again after all that labor I did after my first session. I basically got to my parents house, laid down for twenty minutes on the floor then changed socks and went. I thought running out by them would have less traffic. I was wrong. It was also very hilly so 30min and several near death experiences later, I got back and crashed. I am fully wrecked and not really sure how I'm going to get through tomorrow but as weird as it sounds, I'm honestly kind of exciting to see since I'm going to do it or die trying. 


Pain report
I'm pretty much achy all over more than anywhere else. I don't think there is anything serious though. My right achilles is acting up and my left knee below my patella was bothering me a little during the run but I did it with no wraps and in some shoes way too small for me(I didn't have any running shoes available at the time) Seems better now though.

Mentally I am broken but not beaten. It felt good to push through today with all the extra crap I had to do. That bumps me up to a good 7 in retrospect.


315lb. CnJ



8th round of Thruster EMOMs

No comments:

Post a Comment