Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8/14/13

SIXTY. MINUTE. ROW.


That's really all I should have to put. I was, oddly enough, looking forward to this one. It's twice as far as I've ever rowed before but I knew that if I could hit a pace and stay steady I would make it through fine.


60 Min Row for Meters - 14,223
I started at a conservative 2:10 pace. I hit the first 5k at 20:30, the the 10k at 42:30. My average pace over the hour was 2:06. I had a couple issues with having to pull with one arm to help people with fans, music, etc. and that slowed my middle splits down considerably but I never stopped rowing.  I have no idea this stacks up to other competitors but I know I had an awesome group of about 8 friends that did it with me and of the ones that finished, I was 2500 ahead of the next person. The first 20min and the last 10min was fairly rough but the middle 30 was actually nice. Sort of a rowers high I guess. I made about a 1:45 500m for the last sprint. 

Pain report

My hands and ass changed back and forth between tingling, hurting, and being numb. But I had almost zero recovery time afterwards. I feel fine now about an hour later and my back is actually a little better than it was when I woke up today.

Over all today I'll call this an 8-9 for feeling today.



Still a puddle of sweat an hour later where my rower was.





No comments:

Post a Comment