Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8/20/13

Skills and 13.1


I actually broke this up due to time yesterday. So I just filmed the skills yesterday and did 13.1 today.


Skills - I'll just let you watch the video for the details. Much easier that way.

13.1 - 170 (20 reps@165)
I was really wanting to get to the 210 on this one knew, just based on the scores of others it was probably not going to happen. I didn't want to redline since this was out of my wheel house time wise so I went two sets of 15 on the 75's then 10 sets of 3 on the 135's, then singles on the 165's All rest was no more than 10 seconds. The burpees (to the 6" reach like in the open)weren't bad at all. Steady and never stopped to rest. I had some chalk issues that slowed me down (I forgot to put my straps on to stop the sweat form dipping to my hands and I had to chalk up way too often as a result) Will definitely fix that next time. This score would have put my at 60th for my region. Not bad but still not cutting the mustard considering this should be one of my stronger events. Fixing the chalk issue and more work in that time domain should get me to that 210.

Pain report
Back is a little tight but way than I thought it would be with this work out so good news. 
Left Shoulder is acting up but nothing serious. It should be fine tomorrow morning.


Today I felt really tired, I think it was the weekend though, I drank both friday and saturday which is completely not in my routine since starting training. First time since my birthday I think. Taking off between the fire breather challenge, Elises 30th, and family in town just screwed me. Felt great to do well today in spite the lack of motivation. Testing is almost over. I can't wait to get behind the ball and drive. We will call it a 7.5


One of the reps at 165




Skills Filming



1 comment: