Friday, August 30, 2013

8/29/13

Posting this a little late. Just now getting enough strength to type again....

This was the first time I have trained before 11am in quite some time. I think it made an impact on my numbers but who knows, most of it is new territory anyways.


AM

PushJerk 5 sets of 6-8 Rest 2min. - 206,226,236,246,256(All 8 reps but 256, failed on the 7th)
This was the one thing I thought I should  have done better on and maybe the morning had an affect on.  Another wrench in the works was doing these as a pushjerk. I have not pushjerked heavy in at least a year. It was tough and definitely something I will need to work on to get back. I recently did 315 for 3 but that was a split.

B1 BenchPress 5x5 rest 10 sec (205lb.)
B2 HSPU 20 for time rest 4 min
x5
30,33,47,2:10,1:58
The fourth round obviously turned into a $h!tfest. The first three were without coming off the wall. All were kipping. The Bench should have probably been more like 225lb. but I didn't have a spot and didn't want to chance it.

15 Burpees AFAP
rest 4min
X4
29,30,25,26
So I have a tendency to come down slow on my burpees because flying burpees are how I tore my labrum a little over three years ago. after the first two rounds I said screw it since I was more than warm. It obviously helped.


PM

Prowler push
30sec @100% 
rest min 
x6
Well that sucked....
Seriously, this was done on the worlds worst prowler. I have used quite a few in my time and the measly 135lb I had on this one is equal to 300lb on a decent one. Whats more is it kept tipping over forward even WITH my hands all the way at the base of the handles almost touching the plates. If I have not gotten a new one by the time these come up again I will be pushing a car.


Pain Report
I'm pretty freaking sore. All over. It starts at my ankle from doubleunders and ends at the top of my skull from HSPUs
This is a good pain except for the headache from the HSPU's I'm hoping it doesnt affect my Snatch CnJ Max outs tomorrow we will see...



Fail @ 256 for 8




No comments:

Post a Comment