Tuesday, August 6, 2013

8/6/13


Training:

Snatch 15 min to find a 1RM - 250
This is a little over 90% of my PR but going with the same trend of adapting to the new training, I missed 245 several times last week so a move in the right direction.

20 Snatches @77% of days 1RM - 9:16@193lb.
I really went slow on this because of my shoulder and the worries of missing. I still missed twice but the shoulder felt fine. I stayed with singles even though I feel like I could have gone TnG for 3-5 reps. I was honestly thinking about all the squats I would have to do after even though I was trying not to.

50 Backsquats @ 265 - 7:57
This was rough. I'd this before with 235 in somewhere around 5:30, so I'm fairly happy with this time. I feel like I need to be sub 6 on this though. The good news is my legs felt like the cement columns that hold up overpasses after this. Too bad they still look skinny...

Pain Report

Right shoulder is rough. Feels close to when I tore my labrum a couple years back but deeper.

Right side Hip is worse today. Not constant pain but the squats definitely irritated it.

Low Back. I should have dumped the 50th rep on back squats because I was loosing neutral spine but I'll be damned if I was going to have to pick up that damn barbell for one freaking rep. Plus I really wanted sub 8 ;)


I may take it a little easier tomorrow as my shoulder has me a bit worried. Good day in training today. Out side of my comfort zone but I think I did what I needed to do. I really think I will destroy these times at the next testing.

Overall feeling today is a 6.
3 points off for pain and one for not getting in a nap. I'll change that last point tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment