Sunday, August 4, 2013

8/4/2013

"What you plant now, you harvest later."

AM Session

HBBSquat 1RM - 385lb.
This is technically 20lb under my PR HOWEVER that was when I was only lifting. I tried to max out on this last week to see how much it went down with all this volume of other stuff and I only got 365lb. so this is a good sign to me that my body is adapting to the new training. I hope to be back in the 400's soon.

30 Muscle-ups for time - 6:50
I was not happy with this at all. I failed about 6 attempts. I started regular grip for 6, then back up for another 6 and failed the last one when the straps came loose and got tangled up in my arm. After this it was a struggle. I know it's not an excuse but having those straps flying all over the place is a pain. I went to false grip after that and doubles then to single at 15. I was hoping for at least sub 5min. need to game the rest better. Once I burnt out it got ugly. Next time. Filming was also a big failure on this. It cut off 90 seconds in. Kept going.

100 HSPU's for time (first 50 Strict) - 3:29 for 50 12:57 total
I waited about 20 min after MU's and the first 50 kind of redeemed me. I fell apart quick after that though. I feel like I paced it pretty well, I was just honestly smoked after the MU's and had no shoulder/tricep capacity left.
Fresh, I believe sub 10 is possible.


PM Session

21-15-9
Burpees
CTB Pullups 
I had anxiety about this one but it went well. I kept about an 80% pace on the 21 burpees then hit all Butterfly CTB unbroken, then back to 80% on the 15 burpees. I hit 10 Butterfly unbroken then the other 5 of the round were regular CTB. I had alot more gas in the tank so I floored it on the last 9 burpees but only got 3 Butterfly CTB before dropping off, then I did two kipping and then did singles but with no rest for the last 4. If I were to do it again I would have upped the burpees just a little. I tried to video this one and it was a complete failure. the camera stopped at 3 seconds in...FML I did have Coach Tim AKA ROM nazi watching me and he said they were legit.

Pain Report:
Scale of 1-10. 1 Being a million bucks and 10 Being needing amputation 

Hip right side: 4

Thoracic spine: 6

Left Shoulder Ant Labrum area: 4

Low Back: 6



Over all I would give today a 7 for training (1 being the worst and 10 being the best) I'm wore out/beat up but energy wise I'm great. I feel like a day off will be all I need to recover and hit it hard tuesday.

HBBS @385




100 HSPU for time. Had to break it into two videos but I don't think we missed any reps.



No comments:

Post a Comment