Friday, August 2, 2013

TABULA RASA

Automotive Salvage Recycling, Junkyard, Parts man.

 These are some of the worst words in the world to me. Weird how words can feel like weights attached to your ankles and neck, like blows to the gut and face. It's insane to me how they can make you feel like almost dying in a car crash or falling off a cliff. Good thing I'll never have to to be those words again. I'll never have to be words that are not me again. I'm not sure how I have gotten myself to this place, what path I stumbled down to arrive at this point, damned if I stopped and asked for directions. I never fancied myself a lucky man, but then again, I never fancied myself a blogger. 
Here I am free of those things and where I have wanted to be since I was a little kid. 

 Anyone that has followed this blog or known me the last year has seen the start and knows the end. Funny thing about reality though, the movie doesn't stop. Ya, there's endings but then it's just credits and another movie, and another one, and another...     

 Since this is more of a continuation than a new start, I suppose no real introduction is needed. I'll simply say with this:
I have new goals, more confidence, more support, and zero excuses. I have an even larger task ahead of me and I'm ready to forget everything else. I'm ready to show everyone that I'm a different creature now than I was yesterday. Send me.

I met with my new coach today. I start testing tomorrow. Let's get started. Again.


Regionals 2014



1 comment:

  1. I have all the confidence in you in the world. You can do this. I love you. Just keep your family in your sight.

    ReplyDelete