Monday, September 30, 2013

9/30/13

Approaching aerobic normalcy

I wasn't a runner when I started this whole training thing and I'm admittedly still not. I'm the opposite. I probably still look less like a gazelle when I run and more like a bear. However, my aerobic base has been increased to the point of blatantly obvious over the last couple months. I'm not only noticing a higher threshold in training but also just walking around doing day to day activities. Good stuff.



AM
400m @85%
Rest 2min
x8
1:38,1:33,1:32,1:34,1:39,1:39,1:40,1:34
So I dipped down a little bit on the laps but again, it was suppose to be 85% not all out. Even if I did go a little harder on the last one. That crazy thing is that a month ago, less volume than this and at a lower intensity would have kept me from walking for a week afterwards because of my calf and leg DOMS. The day after, I feel almost nothing from the run (Though I feel other things which we will get to)

PM
20 Squat Snatches @185 for time
4:00
I did this 8/6 @ 190 and it took me 9:16. I'd say we could call that a little bit of an improvement. I'll leave it at that.

15 Squat Cleans @185 for time rest 4min
x3
1:18,1:35,2:38
I bit the dust on the third round. Hit a wall pretty hard, not gonna lie. Round 1 I went 8/7, then the 2nd I went 8/4/3, then the third it was 5/3/2/11111.

100 OH Walking Lunges for time 95#
7:58
Ouch. Thats really all I have to say. I did sets of 12 then two sets of 8 to finish. I think thats right.


Pain Report: I need a thumb in my butt pretty bad right now. You know.... digging into the glutes. Get out of the gutter. Little calf soreness, little shoulder nag but over all not bad. My upper Thoracic has been bothering me for a while now. It comes and goes and I can't figure out if its my erectors or my actual spine. Bothers me in the morning mostly. I had My Chiro look at it and he said it's prob muscles not a disc. We will keep an eye on it.

Sleep Report: Things are good, still getting to bed by 10:30 and sticking with the ZMA and MELA. I had coffee at 1:30 today which is past my time rule but it was a stressful off day so I treated myself.....by adding another stressor...ha.

Mentally today I've been a roller coaster. Seems to be ending on a 7 or so. I'm about to head into work and see my garage family hit it hard. That should help.


No comments:

Post a Comment