Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10/1/13

Changing everything.

That's what I feel like I am doing. I have a positive outlook on it but some days are harder than others. I am done letting my lackluster lift numbers get to me and looking at the bigger picture and why I am here doing what I am doing. Today was tough mentally with everything else I had to deal with in the middle and in between my sessions. Got interrupted several times and had several other emergencies I had to deal with. Unavoidable and frustrating. 


AM
10 Snatches @70-85% rest 90sec between lifts
I did two at 200, then the other 8 at 210. No misses but they felt ugly and loose.

Max Clean and Jerk - 305
The clean was ugly and the jerk had a bit of press out so I stopped it there. Also my shoulder was acting up and scared me a bit.

Front Squat 3RM - 305
Again, I made it but it was ugly and cut it off. I haven't maxed out in anything in a while so idk what to judge off of. I consider it a PR that I didn't let the session bother me and just moved forward.

PM
For Time:
30 Burpees
30 Snatch @135
20 Burpees @ 165
12:50
I literally had to come in and hit this with no prep or strategy and barely a warm up. Just got the joints moving again and hit a couple snatches (time issue). I'm not sure what my time should be for this but I feel like it wasn't horrible. I went 10/5/5/6/4 on the 135 then 3/3/2/singles for 165. This really attacked my lungs more than I thought it was. That and my upper/lower back.


Pain report: My upper back is bothering me as in it is tight and feels overused. My Right shoulder is acting up a little. It's a little better now, just rotation stuff was bothering me in training today. 

Sleep report: I slept great last night. I've been enjoying sleep more than ever recently. It's hard to complain really. Just some aches from training.

Mentally today I'm about a 5.5. I'm not broken because of training even though I didn't consider today one in the win column, it's just all the other life stuff. I know first world problems. I also got interrupted three different times from my training today which completely threw a wrench in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment