Thursday, October 10, 2013

10/9/13 & 10/10/13

Hammys. Are. Spent.

Today, I had a huge Pr even with getting over this cold. I am starting to get really excited about training and feeling like maybe all this work might actually pay off in the end. That, and also I feel like my butt and hammys might explode of I use them anymore, but thats a good thing.


10/9/13
AM
21-15-9
Deadlift @315
Box Jump 30"
4:10
This was not only a 1:23 PR but it would have landed me a 5th place finish at regionals(and only 3 sec away from 3rd!). Considering I had to hock up a snot ball twice during it from all my mucus that's still breaking up I consider this a win. I did the first 21 deadlifts unbroken. I wasn't planning on this but they felt so good I kept going after my first 15 that I said I was going to break at. I went 8/7 on the second round and then 4/3/2 at the end. I wanted to only break up the last round into two sets but it just wasn't going to happen I was at the end of my capacity. The boxjumps were steady but I switched back between rebounding, and jump down, and step down. Really no rhyme or reason to it, I simply was doing what ever I could to continue AFAP.

PM
400m Run @85%
x10
1:38,1:34,1:36,1:38,1:37,1:38,1:37,1:38,1:37,1:31
I felt the need to pull back on these a little I knew my hamstrings were going to be rocked at the end and they were. This was probably more like 75% for me normally but it was an honest 90% at that moment just because of my fatigue from the morning and still getting over the cold. I'm guessing that's a  fair trade off. The last round I pushed a bit more just to see what it felt like. I'm glad I didn't because my hammys were right at the danger point. IMO


10/10/13

Today was a simple 20min Row @65%. I decided to go check out the early morning crew at Towne Lake. They were getting it hard like I figured. Good meeting some new faces. I stayed at about a 2:03 pace and ended up around 4800m. It really went by quick to be honest. maybe because it was 6am and I was still half asleep for the first half?



Pain report: No joint pain. A little upper back(going to get adjusted later) and my hamstrings are rocked(sorry for the redundancy). My glutes are sore but not nearly as back as I thought. They were almost to hte point of cramping after the DL/BJ wod yesterday.

Sleep report: Man it's so nice to be able to sleep normal again. I got off the zma and melatonin while I was sick because I didn't want to interfere with the decongestant I was taking but I'm back on it. The only thing I'm still doing is a little nasal spray at night to make sure I'm breathing ok at night because I still get a little stopped up when I lay down. I'm right there at almost 100%. Feeling good.

Mentally today I'm almost a 9. Good news that a friends new born is healthy and coming home soon(smoking a cigar with him when he gets back, don't tell anyone), a PR, feeling recovered, and the gym doing well means I'm just about all systems go for life in general. Plus my sons halloween costume I got for him is BAD ASS. I'll get a picture up later.


No comments:

Post a Comment