Monday, September 9, 2013

9/8/13

Short and Sweet Sunday


Today was a short sunday. I had to take off Saturday to cheer on and help my athletes at the Gym comp we had. Super excited for them and felt like I did a WOD from just yelling at them.


3 rounds for time:
7 Muscleups
14 Burpee Box jumps (stepdown)
Rest 10 min.
For time:
500m Row
35 CTB pullups
500m

MU/BBJ-5:47
Row/CTB-6:06

This went pretty well. I did the first round of MU's unbroken regular grip, then both second and third rounds with 5 regular grip UB, then two singles with false. This is the best I've done with single grip. The burpee boxjumps sucked. I feel like I went about as fast as I safely could with a step down. I'm happy with this even though I need to be able to do all these unbroken. 

This sucked. Alot. I'm still trying to figure out why I took so long on the CTB's I mean I went into saying (in mockingly deep voice) "I can get 35 unbroken, but maybe I'll go 20/15 so I'll have something left for the last row". Ya, the reps went 10(butterfly),5 (regular) the 3's and 2's. WTF. I know I was not fully recovered from the first WOD when I started and the row left my pulling a bit weak but I still should have been able to knock out more than I did. I'm completely lost on this one. (Maybe because I had a coupe beers the night before after the event? Won't do that again.)


Pain is fine. I had a little tightness in my neck and Coach Matt worked out afterwards. Dude is awesome and a life saver. I'm great now almost no pain anywhere. Actually I'm starting to feel a bit mushy from the lack of punishment to my body(I had two days off back to back!).

Today, the day after, I'm at a 9. Things went awesome this weekend with the event and we have alot of cool stuff coming up. I also have started to see training manifest positively in my day to day not only in body comp but energy on my days off.

Tent city being set up Saturday morning

Coach Photobomb

No comments:

Post a Comment