Thursday, September 5, 2013

9/5/13

Bubba ran out of gas again, or I pushed my snatch.

Today was the first day I felt good both going into and coming out of the workout. Plus, I didn't screw up the workouts....so that's good. Oh and I can't wait til fall.


AM
Snatch Grip Pushpress Max - 320#
I didn't really know what to expect out of this one. Never maxed out on it. So I started my first heavy set at 285 and just kept adding 2.5 to each side every set. I finally stopped at 320 but I probably had more in me. Just didn't want to kill my vibe with a fail.


Bench 3 reps @205lb. rest 10 sec.
22 HSPU's for time rest 4min.
x5
23sec,26,28,31,1:30
These went a lot better than last time. I didn't fall off until the last round. All kipping.

10min AMRAP @ 85%
10 burpees
Row 350m
4rounds + burpees and 200m Row
I was thinking 5 rounds and this seemed about right. I tried really hard not to push past 85% but closing in on that last round with time running out made it hard.


PM
Prowler push 30sec @ 100% rest 4 min
x8
I used our SUV 2011 Santafe. This was hard because as the car picked up speed I had to keep up to apply pressure. This did NOT make it easier, just different. I was sprinting the last 10 seconds. Each pass was around 80m.


Pain report. My neck is bothering me a little from the later HSPU's but all in all, I'm almost pain free...or maybe I'm just getting used to hurting all over...

Today was a 7 mentally but not because of training. Other stuff. Training was 9.



320lb. Snatch grip pushpress







No comments:

Post a Comment