Tuesday, September 17, 2013

9/17/13

The early bird catches hell for the rest of the day because it got up to damn early and trained.


So, that's just paraphrasing the original quote obviously. Today, I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm trying to lower my stress, through no caffeine after noon, getting to bed by 10:30 and zero alcohol for a couple days but it's a process, I can tell my body's been off from the circadian rhythm. I know this will help alot of things(mainly recovery) in the long run but it's hard starting the change. 
 Anyways, I went into the gym about 5:30am this morning on bullet proof coffee only(French press black with coconut oil and real butter) to do my AM stuff and see our awesome 5:15 class.


AM
30sec @85%
30sec @50%
x30
So I went about 9.5 miles. I didn't record the first couple intervals. There was a malfunction with the reader. Anyways, I stay a little higher this time for my 85% around 1700 with highs in the 1900's and lows in the 1500's.


PM
Squat Snatch 3 EMOM for 10 min. @135
Done.
It was pretty hard to get back going this afternoon even after a nap. I actually had a hiccup on the second minute and missed a snatch but I recovered fine.

40 Wallballs
rest 30sec
10 Squat Cleans @135
rest 30sec
5 Squat Cleans @225
Rest 3:30
x3
4:20,4:58,5:28
This sucked royally. I went unbroken on the first two rounds of wall balls and broke the third at 26, not because I couldn't do more, but all I could think about was how much those squat cleans were gonna suck after the L.A. build up. My 135's went 6/4 for the first two rounds and 4/3/3 for the last round. My 225's were all singles form the start with progressively more standing around asking myself if I'm going to be able to do another one without failing.


My legs should probably be destroyed tomorrow. For now, they are ok we will see how they feel in the morning. My lower right erectors on my back were pretty locked up in the last wod. I hit it good with a lacrosse ball but I'm still feeling it. I think it's mainly poor form on the 135's cleans after those wallballs.

Mentally today I'm back to an 8. Not much else to report except for I can't wait to start reaping the benefits of less tv at night, no caffiene after noon, and hitting the bed earlier.



5AM class getting ready to hit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment