Friday, September 13, 2013

09/12/13

What are you doing today Justin?
Handstand pushups.
Didn't you do those yesterday?
Yes. Yes I did.

So I am completely wrecked but I feel good about training. I just feel better about today being my off day. Also, I still need to read closer to before starting the training. Here is yesterdays session.


Behind the neck Split Jerk 2RM(I did a snatch grip and just saw it didn't say that, Doh)
-345lb.
I had a PR for 2 reps on this already but that was when I was only weightlifting. I beat it by 5lb. and considering how wrecked my shoulders are(I could barely lift them when I woke up yesterday) I'm really happy with it. The second rep was a bit wobbly so I called it after that. Video below.


Benchpress 1rep rest 10 sec. (205)
HSPU 24 for time rest 4 min
x5
My times on HSPUs were 31,29,32,35,39sec.
So I was able to go unbroken on all of these and I had to start breaking them up at the 4th round last time I did this. Considering there were 2 more this go round, I'd say thats a big improvement. Also, I just did 70 HSPU the other day.

10 sets at 100%
10 KBS 2pd
10 Burpees
10 Boxjumps 24"
rest 2min.
Round times 58,55,54,57,55,58,55,56,54,53
These were all very fast and I was able to stay consistent. However, they were fast to the point that I wasn't as worried about form and just moving. I don't get to go at 100% very often in this program so I wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything on the table. All the reps were legit but looking back at my first round I need to get more vertical on my burpees. I am still getting used to doing them fast three years after my labrum tear and I've been doing 6 point perfect burps for so long it's almost like a new movement. My shoulder was warm and I wasn't ever scared of hurting anything yesterday so I went for it yesterday. Video below

PM
Prowler Push (truck push)
30sec 100% rest 4min
x10 (rest 8 min between 5/6)
Done, sucked
I used Rob's new 4door tundra, it was alot more difficult to get rolling and had quite a bit less momentum after getting started. Which is better for training....and worse...on my legs


345lb. for a double. 



Last round of my kbs/burp/boxj's with a close call for your laughing enjoyment. It would happen on the  ONLY one I filmed.



Pain report. This may take a while. I am hurting all over. My shoulders are ridiculously tight and my neck is almost to the point of giving me a headache(not quite). My right hip is pretty bad. I was checking it last night and my medial glute is almost unusable. Matt said yesterday that it was firing the entire time I was dipping for my jerk on that side only. This is probably from all this time only splitting with my right side. Anyways, my left side right above my ankle (laterally) around my Achilles/Digitorum Longus is sore to the point of almost feeling pulled. I think it's fine though. My low back feel super weak and it was difficult to get relief last night. I finally did but only after going to bed. sitting or laying on the floor didn't help it. Oh and the ball of my right foot is almost certainly bruised. Hurts to walk on it.(I think this is partially from walking barefoot alot this week on the asphalt at the gym this week)

All these didn't happen from today, most were already there just not really at a level that bothered me. Today kind of brought me over the top on most. 

Yesterday, I was an 8 even with my pain. I'm feeling like I'm really training for something for the first time maybe ever. I have direction and that is empowering physically and mentally.



No comments:

Post a Comment