Sunday, March 30, 2014

Got work done this week for the job and myself. Good week. The safety bar feels like it's more than 45lb, maybe 65, but I'm going to assume 45lb for all my weights anyways.

#1
A. Safety bar 1 1/4 squats; 10, 8, 6, 10, 8, 6; rest 2 min
Hardest thing....in the world literally my weight went 135,185,205,135,185,205 and I almost didn't make them.


B. Safety bar barbell russian step ups; 18-20 steps x4/leg; rest 90
seconds bw legs (20" box, same foot steps the whole time, then switch
for next set)
Felt like a literal girl. I tried 25's on each side and it wasn't happening after the 1 1/4 squats. I had to put 10's on the side so I guess 65LB.

C. Barbell hip thrusts; 12-15x3; rest 2 min
Worked up to 195lb weird exercise

D. Reverse hypers; 12-15x4; rest 2 min
Don't have a reverse hyper so I just hung on the a GHD backwards and held a 10lb DB between my legs. tough to hold.

#2
Slow heavy sled drag continuous for 30 min (bracket heart rate between
120-150...if it goes higher rest until it falls below)
I try my damnedest to not stop, but I had to for about 5-10secs a couple times, also, I had to turn around since I didn't have a loop to make. I used 65lb
+
Airdyne 20 min z1 legs only
This was great after the sled, seriously it really helped me recover and didn't feel sore the next day.

#3
A. Safety bar good mornings; 5x5; rest 2:30 (heavy)
UH, heavy on this was 135....ya my upper back felt like it was going to break, and I had a serious headache for several days after.


B. Safety bar good mornings @33x1; 6-8x5; rest 2 min
95lb. again, I may opt may not have passedout during this from the lack of blood to my head.


C. GH raises; 8-10x5; rest as needed bw sets
10 every time, these were pretty easy. Really like them when I do them consistently

#4
Legs only airdyne sprint 90 seocnds @100%
slow spin recovery 8 min
x4
The first two sucked, the last two weren't too bad, but I really don't think I went at 100% starting out at all, more like 85% and then ended at 100% to try and keep up the pace CAL/HR was between 1900-1300



Hammies are sore today and mid/upper back is still achy, though I also fell on it screwing around on the parralettes at the 14.5 party after a couple drinks. Sure that is a big part of it.

Elbow is better in day to day movements but it still hurts to try and internally rotate with bent or adduct at all. (I also did some strict very slow MU's at the 14.5 party during a show boating session....not smart, but I don't think it hurt it anymore. The liquor protected me....


Sleep has been shit, I stopped caffeine for a couple days, but I have been drinking alcohol fairly frequently recently. Started back caffeine but am pulling it way back and am going to stop the alcohol all together for a good while starting today.

Mentally, I'm good for my training, there are some other things that are going on that are not positive but when I sit down and think about it, they can't really effect too bad even at the worst case scenario so feeling good. Glad to get all this negative stuff the last couple weeks done and move forward again.


No comments:

Post a Comment