Monday, March 24, 2014

3/19,3/20,3/22

So we went out of town for a wedding and ended up staying for a funeral. With my grandfather passing earlier this month, these last couple weeks have been pretty hectic. We all have our time and I'm fine but it has left a little to be desired in the training department. In addition, tearing something in my elbow hasn't helped. It's is getting better, but it's also pretty obvious it was a serious injury and it will be a while until I'm back to where I feel safe doing any external/internal rotation under load.


3/19
A. Weighted back extensions @2222; 10-12x5; rest 2 min
B. Sandbag walking lunges; 20 continuous alt'ing steps x5; rest 2 min
+
Reverse sled drags
1 min continous heavy load
rest 3 min
x6

A. Worked up to 35lb on this under tha tempo. They were better than last time

B. Sandbag walks, I had to drop the last three sets to 1min rest as I had a potential client that showed up early waiting on me.

Sled drags were after all my classes at TL, around 7:30pm. I used 100lb. which ended up being easy, I think the asphalt at TL is smoother so that made a big difference, because 100lb and my other gym was rough on the rougher asphalt.


Sleep had been mediocre at best. being out of town is always tough.

I've been drinking alcohol a lot...I really want to cut that out, i can feel it effecting my energy and alertness, also, I've been drinking a lot of caffeine...too much. 

3/20
Airdyne sprint (legs only)
1 min @100%
slow spin recover 6 min
x5

These were really tough with just legs. I actually used my hands some on the last sprint. I probably held back more than I should have.

3/22
I had a chance to go train with a friend I've been helping a little over the last year as he gets into strength training.  We just hung out for a couple hours and screwed around outside with some weights. I had a blast, I really miss just screwing around with a training partner. 

Yoke carry 10m 1back squat 10m 1back squat rest 2min x3 @135 then x3 @225, then we did the same thing with front carry and front squat
+
Partner WOD with one working one resting
5 alt rounds each
5Deadlifts@225
7 T2B o a swing set(4x6 wood plank)
9 HSPU
This was really fun. everything unbroken and fast, he had to do handstand holds because he had never been upside down but he did awesome. the grip on the toes to bar was tough but cool to have it a little different from normal
+
200m farmercarry sprints 35lb each hand rest till recovered x3


I won't be bale to train again until tuesday and then I will start what Max wrote for me. Looking forward to training with the new safety squat bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment