Thursday, May 8, 2014

Backed up, not lazy

Sorry for the buffet of training data. I know it makes it harder on you. I haven't done shit but the bare minimum the last week. Felt like death.


30-Apr
Prowler pushes (moderate load fast foot turnover)
20 seconds @100% effort
rest 2:40
x6
+
Sled sprints (light/fast)
50m @100% speed
rest 2:30
x6
+
Slow heavy sled drags 1 min continuous pulls
rest 2 min
x6
+
Farmers walk; 150m for time 2 pood x3; rest 1 min bw sets

Did all these even got the slow drags this week. They were probably the worst.

1-May
Airdyne 5 min z1
5 min mobility work
x5
Worked scap with bands, Crossover symmetry style and rolled out for mobility

2-May
A. Squat clean from high blocks; build to a max
350lb. Fuck....That was my front squat max a couple weeks ago. Missed it once too far back and folded me a little. Ended up just dumping instead of trying to stand it up. I also hit 340 like cake.

B. Hang squat clean; 3 on the min for 10 min 185#
Easy, didn't really get winded. this was kind of fun. Almost metcon level.

C. Jumping back squats; 8-10x4; rest 2 min
I went down in weight from last week per your suggestion. I think I got more out of it. Definitely more explosive
D. Back squat; 5x3; rest
Did 345. This was challenging but doable. I think it was the right weight. Happy with it.

3-May
A. Strict press; 6, 4, 2, 6, 4, 2; rest 2 min
Went 180, 190, 205, 185, 195, 210 felt prettty good but last rep at 210 was a pretty much a standing bench press :/ the rest werepretty.


B. Weighted eccentric only pull ups @31A1; 3-4x5; rest 2 min
did 80,100,120,120,100 all 5reps

C. Bent over DB elbowing rows; 10-12x4; rest 1 min bw arms
Started at 55lb then moves to a 2pd KB. Got a little heavy but I controlledthem for the most part. 12 reps all sets.

D. Seated arnold press; 10-12x4; rest 2 min
Went up big time from last week. Last set was 55's for 12 had to sit back on the upright bench for the last couple reps, others were free sitting.
+
Airdyne sprints 20 seconds @100%
slow spin recover 2:10
x6
+
airydne 10 min z1
Had to miss this, promised to help a friend move and there was confusion on wht time. Long story. I def got my cardio though...

5/8
5-May
A. Clean pulls 5x1; rest 2 min
375 across. Thi felt pretty heavy but then again I'm not 100% back from the cold.

B. Front squat @2020; 2-4x5; rest 2 min
285lb. This felt pretty good was about to go 4reps on all sets at the required tempo
These are great yet frustrating as I know the time under tension and control is what I need for my goals and also trying to force less intensity for my down day of squatting but I feel like the weight is sub par because I'm not used to it. Catch 22, I know.
C. Rear foot elevated BB split squat; 4-5x2; rest 2 min bw legs
135, these felt pretty good. glad to have the reps/sets down.


D. Reverse hypers; 12-15x5; rest 2 min
Didsed pull throughs with 90. getting to like these Really feel the glute and ham activation

E. Single leg bench elevated hip extensions; 12-15x5; rest 1 min bw legs
Didn't forget these like last week. They got a little burn towards the end but god stuff. My ass looks fabulous now...(said as gay as possible)


Sleep has been shitbut last ngiht was the first time I was able to hit the sack without having to get out of bed and try to sleep standing up. Thats how bad the coughing was. Looking forward to an early night tonight and good rest.

Pain is just sore from doing nothing. I hate tat worse than training soreness. Feel like an old man on his death bed. Ready to start moving forward again. Fucking excited for progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment