Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mind right, Knees wrapped, Grip hooked

 Today was day two back and I was honestly pretty worried about it. Snatch will always be a relatively lighter weight exercise and therefore doesn't really put a lot of stress on the joint coming out of the bottom(That's what she said?). Because of this I had a feeling I would be ok going heavy on that. However, Cleans and back squats obviously require alot more loading to reach maximum effort. I went in saying, "I wasn't going past 70% no matter what". Of course deep down I knew better than that. I ended up hitting 295 for a double in clean (20# below my single PR) and squatting 330 for a couple sets of 3(best single is currently 390). I felt slight discomfort at 295 and 330 but definitely nothing that scared me. Also, 330 for 3 felt fairly light considering I haven't squatted over 250 period in almost a month. I'm taking another day off tomorrow and am coming back to jerk and front squat friday.
 We will see how the knee is in the morning but right now it actually feels pretty strong and stable. Things are finally starting to look hopeful. Can't wait til Friday.


295# Clean double post injury

330# Squat for three post injury


No comments:

Post a Comment