Friday, April 19, 2013

3rd times a charm

 So it's day three back and I had plans to power jerk today since my front knee in the split is the one I hit buuuuuut after I started I got to feeling saucy so I went ahead and did splits. First off- just training again, especially three days this week was a PR in itself. Also, my this has to be an all time Post PR. Three posts this week!
 I knew I was going to Jerk and Front squat today and most likely end with some core work which has been lacking without the heavy loads. I worked up heavy on the block with one rep from the back and then one from the front both split. This is manly because I have issues pushing my head through aggressively when it gets heavy and having the bar already behind your head is a great way to train head through. I hit 325# in that with was only 6# shy of my all time PR from the front and I felt great. The front jerk was ugly but it was more because of my footwork and not power. Because of this I decided to go for a PR jerk. Why not right? I hit 335# which is a 4# PR. This is a huge win for me since even in my last cycle I didn't work much on jerks from the blocks(focused mainly on the full Clean and Jerk).
After that I did take it easy on front squat. I worked up to 300 for a double and then dropped to 185 for a set of twenty just to get some blood pumping down there. Felt great.
 I am far from rehabilitated and my knee does still have pain but it is not getting worse and hasn't bothered me during these workouts enough to mess with my head. I am still taking it slow. Three days of lifting followed by some remedial strength/conditioning accessory work during the weekend. Next week I will start with a quick session in both snatch and clean and jerk(I haven't done these in the same workout in quite some time now).

Here are two videos from today.

BACK JERK + JERK 325#

JERK PR 335#

(I held it up for extra long and dropped it on the floor for dramatic effect. Screw that weight)

No comments:

Post a Comment