Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Post Mortem

 "I can't believe this thing still works."


I'm not sure if that statement is about this blog or my body. The blog has been abandoned and almost forgotten about for years now. As far as the body, I've put it through hell and back in and out of the gym my entire life. This blog actually a nice snap shot of those decisions I've made consistently to choose strength, aesthetics, and performance over health. This is mainly to do with my pride and insecurity. I felt like I needed to assert my physical dominance in order to be appreciated, accepted, and legitimized in my field but also just in general. This, often times has been with blatant disregard to my own health and longevity.

This has led to some cool experiences and many things I am proud of, but also to a broken, beat up, vessel that is worn far beyond its years. I have had torn labrums, rotator cuffs, broken back, broken neck, nerve damage, countless amounts of arthritic cartilage, bone spurs, bone bruises, patella issues, and the list goes on. Some have been talked about here and others not.

I think I want to continue this blog as a way of chronicling my struggle and process of transitioning from performance and athlete to health and coach. All while making sure my body is as functional as possible. I don't want to push my body to the point of sacrificing it for a moment of glory anymore. I have truly changed my mind set. But make no mistake about, I would love nothing more than to push the envelop every day were it a possibility. I hope my continuation of this, if nothing else, is cathartic and allows me to feel as though I have stayed on the same path all these years, have just taken detours and changed the destination as needed. The goal has always been the same: Chronicling my odyssey of finding balance, happiness, meaning through doing what I love with who I love.

 My business thegymgypsy.com has become my main source of energy and income over the last 3 years. That is my future. However, if it were not for my old blog Questto275k.blogspot.com, I would have never ventured or tried to create that business. So... to better understand my future, I will be diving into my past. For the next couple months and possibly longer, I will be posting old Blog posts from the past and earlier stages of my training and coaching journey. I will have the original dates and will not update them. I will also be adding new content to both of these site. While, my main site if the gym gypsy, I have a deep desire to keep the original alive as long as the site is up and running. Hopefully some of you will enjoy reading these and maybe even take something out of them. There very well may be many things I no longer agree with in these posts, and will most likely make a new post about those discrepancies, but again I will NOT be altering the originals. I'm sure many may not care about these and there are so many more blogs and fitness sites now than when I started it and that is fine. This is more for myself than anyone else but I did think it would be good to at least share it incase anyone is interested.

Be on the look out for first throwback post this Thursday on thegymgypsy.com

P.S. did anyone get the PUN in the name of the post? #dadjokes

No comments:

Post a Comment