Saturday, January 4, 2014

12/30,1/2,1/4

Falling behind posting. New year, and all that crap. Excuses…


12/30
Split jerk 1 rep every 30sec for 30 reps @65%
I did this at 235lb. Not bad

CTB strict AMRAP rest 2:30 x5
I did these strict instead of kipping as my shoulder was a little loose after all the jerks.
end up around 10 each time

Burpees 20 AFAP x3 rest 3min

I was also suppose to do box jumps and toes to bar but didn because of time and shoulder bugging me

1/2
Squat snatch 1RM
277lb. All time PR really happy as last time I hit a PR was 275 and I was only weightlifting and I was hurting everywhere and beat up constantly. I felt fresh like a daisy before and afterwards. Good feeling knowing you can be health and strong at the same time.

OHS 3x3 rest 3min
I only did 205 on this. Saving the shoulders again.

Back Squat 5x5 rest 3min
I only did 315 on this. I haven't been doing heavy squats a lot and this was fairly difficult but I was focusing on zero knee valgus, maintaining heel drive and not hiking my ass up to get the hamstring into it. These things have always been where I revert to when the weight gets heavy and I want to change that.

I messed around with some hang squat cleans a little but decided the ladder AMRAP that was programmed was most likely not going to happen without quite a bit of poor form and bad kind of pain.

1/3 
I did the yoga class. Man this shit is awesome. I especially recommend it to any athlete that trains at high volume. If I could get every one of my big dawns doing this, we would see enough PR's in lifts from improved mobility, to make your head spin.

1/4
Pushpress clusters 5.5.5x5 rest 45sec; rest 3min
did this at 135lb. Probably a little light but felt good

2 Weighted strict pullups @20lb. rest 20sec
10 UB CTB pullups rest 40sec
7 MU's for time rest 5min
x5
I only did 4 rounds of this because my shoulder started giving me those early warning signs.

I skipped the ring dips as thats what bothered my shoulder

Tabata sit-ups
highest was 13, lowest was 10


Ask Coach: I know you said you really wanted me being hyper aware of my body and not letting my ego dictate my volume/numbers etc. Am I doing this right? I sometimes feel bad for not doing the things that are in the design. It's like a little angel and devil on each side of my shoulder. I know what I would tell my General health clients, but wanted to verify with you.

Pain report: It turns out that years of beating the shit out of myself has left me with a pretty good knowledge of what not pushing the limit feels like. Funny. I've been holding back when I get the signs of something going south so there's really no pain. Of course there is some soreness but the good kind and not much of it.

Sleep: last couple nights I have been doing poorly on hitting the sack early but that will change as the holiday schedule ends and things go back to normal.

Food:
1/3
10am 3 egg omelet with bacon, cheese and mushrooms

2pm 2 cups of lintel bean soup, 6oz. of chick with feta, and spinach and about 6 cups of salad with olives, tomatoes, onions, and feta.

8:30pm 10 hotwings and about 6 cups of a caesar salad

9:30pm 2pieces of key lime pie

1/4
9:30am 2 eggs with sharp white cheddar

2:30pm Bout to go cook a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin(8oz) with collard greens and black eyed peas (about 2 cups of each)


No comments:

Post a Comment