Sunday, November 24, 2013

11/23 & 11/24



11/23
Clean pulls 54321 rest 3min
I went 185,225, 275,315,335 which is my all time Clean PR. Thought it was a good weight to finish on.
+
TnG Deadlifts 10 UB on the min for 7min. @225
This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be after this long time off.
+
Airdyne 1min @85%
30sec at recovery pace
x25
This wasn't bad but I was looking up at about 30sec in wondering if I was almost done for most of the interval.

11/24
Weighted pullup clusters 3.3.3x5 20sec/3min
I went 40lb for all of these. The got a little difficult towards the end but all were super strict and not really any chin reaching.
+
Weighted ring dips 5 sets of 6-8reps rest 90 sec
all done at 40lb. These were a little tougher and bothered my shoulder which was already bothering me from dips the other day.
+
Bent over rows 5 sets of 6-8 reps rest 90 sec
I did 195 for all sets and 8 reps every time. The last 2 reps of the 4th and 5th sets were pretty tough.
+
10min AMRAP
3strict pullups
3strict hspu
22rounds
I paced this one well I think. I was never out of breathe and only broke the pull-ups on the last 90sec.



Pain report
My left shoulder is bothering me and my hamstrings and back are wrecked. This is probably more noticeable since I haven't been training and forgot what being in constant pain is like but the shoulder is a little more serious than me being an out of shape pussy.

Sleep report
I ran out of my sleep aids supplements about two weeks ago and it definitely affected my sleepy night night  beauty rest.  I finally got some more ZMA and melatonin yesterday so I think I should be better on that front moving forward.

****NEW SECTION****
Coach Questions (AKA: Ask Max)
I skipped the PM session today and while you know this is not normally me(especially when cleans or snatches are in it) I just am wrecked in my back and mores in my shoulder and didn't feel like I should/could take the extra punishment. Suggestions moving forward? Should I not take tomorrow off and do todays PM session? Should I skip it all together and take it slow? Should I go buy some tampons, put on my big girl panties and fight through the joint/muscle pain? Thanks :)




No comments:

Post a Comment