Friday, October 19, 2012

Deloading, getting back at it, and caffeine




 I've had a lot going on this last week, just not in the gym. A trip to orlando to see a friend get married, came right before my Deload week. Then a trip down to AL to load a house(which my awesome wife already packed all by herself) and a trip the next day to UNload a house in GA. This turned into about two weeks without a significant load on the bar. Sure, I picked up heavy stuff. So much so that I tweaked my lower back and rolled my ankle a bit. However, I went three days in a row without any legit workout and the only training between my 2 day and 3 day breaks was a silly metcon I made up with a straight bar at my buddy's house I was staying at. All he had was 185lbs.
 I hate deloading, I absolutely loath it. Unfortunately it is a necessary evil. The Texting of weightlifting. My problem isn't the time off physically. It's the head change. I become unmotivated fairly easy and when I am not progressing I get worried about derailing. A week of light weight makes me feel depressed to be honest. Obviously, I still do it and obviously it has worked so far. If you have the same problem, please stick to your guns. If you don't deload, stop telling yourself lies. You're not superman. You need a break. Maybe that's why you're still at a 3/4BW press.
 On another note, I haven't had any caffeine for the last two days and am just now getting over that withdrawal headache. No real reason why except for I think the volume of my consumption has gotten out of hand lately. I know, no such thing right? At any rate, I am going to lay back a bit for a while. Ask my early morning classes and they might say I'm not my normal perky self but as far as training goes I haven't seen a drop. Which brings me to my lifting for this week.
 So when I got back I didn't feel all that great. Still turned out to be a good week.  Back Squatted 325 for 5, Pressed 200 for 3 (this was lacklluster IMO),Snatched 230 from the high blocks, and I actually finished out the week by jerking 331lb. I was very happy with the last one as it came after some illness that I can only attribute to not washing my hands well enough while cooking chicken.
 This weekend is going to be odd as we are taking a trip to Memphis to promote The Garage Games series and Box Complete on a Podcast held by FactionSC.com . Hopefully we'll get to train with the guys up there. Great athletes and always fun hang with.


LINKS TO SOME VIDEOS FROM THE WEEK:

BACKSQUAT 325x5

JERK 331lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment