Sunday, September 23, 2012

The day after





  Sometimes it's difficult to look forward to training the day after a big upset but today it was not. I felt empowered for some reason and not beaten up. I came in and rather I believed it on the inside or not, I told myself I was going to rip the bar apart. I told myself I was going to forget anything negative and just get the weight over my head. This turned into a 7lbs PR on snatch. I am officially at 110k(242lbs) and it feels good. I didn't put much into the clean and jerk after that but I did hit 275 in a power and jerked it for three. All and all a great day of lifting. Whats better is I feel less beat up than I have in a while after a 2+hour session.
  I didn't feel fast or explosive today but I felt comfortable with the weight overhead. More so than normal. No worries of lock out or leaving the bar out front or behind.  I was clear headed and focused and the bar landed in the right place every time. Today it became very apparent that the hardest thing to do is all you really have to do. Try.




No comments:

Post a Comment